MYLAI is a Tamil font created by Dr. K.Kalyanasundaram (of the Swiss Federal Inst. of Technology at Lausanne, Switzerland) primarily as a medium for archiving and distributing tamil electronic texts on the Internet.
For a complete description please visit his site: CLICK HERE
To install the font quickly:
1. Click here to download the mylai_plain.ttf file -or-
1a. Click here to download the zipped version of mylai_plain.ttf file.
2. Copy that file (mylai_plain.ttf) to your PC's Windows/Fonts folder.
2a. If you had downloaded the zip version, then please extract (unzip) the mylai_plain.ttf file in it - then - copy that file (mylai_plain.ttf) to your PC's Windows/Fonts folder.
3. Reload your browser (MS Internet Explorer or Netscape)
4. Click here to download the keymap file, & then make a printout.
5. To enter text in Tamil, set the font in your word processor program to "MylaiPlain" before typing.
6. That's it, enjoy reading/typing in Tamil!
7. Please send me an email for further assistance. Click here
8. Have several nice days!